- You will not use this website to infringe on the personal rights, property rights, or privacy rights of others.
- You will not violate or attempt to violate the security of this website by hacking, cracking, mail bombing, mounting a denial of service attack, breaching of netiquette, or any other similar, malicious, careless, or negligent conduct.
- The Youthful Cities Pivot Hub is open data, licensed under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL), with the copyright holder being Simon Fraser University. You are free to share, create and adapt with this data, as long as you give attribution to Simon Fraser University (the owner of the database and its content), and share any derivative works with an ODbL and make a version available that is open to use.
- You acknowledge that Simon Fraser University is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this website.
- You acknowledge that Simon Fraser University does not guarantee the accuracy or availability of this website.
- You agree to be bound by the laws in British Columbia, Canada with respect to your use of the website and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the website will take place exclusively in the courts of British Columbia, Canada.
The material posted on this Youthful Cities Pivot Hub is not an official statement of Simon Fraser University policy, practice, services or procedure, and should not be construed as such. It is intended only to provide access to specific research -- Simon Fraser University cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy of the information posted. Simon Fraser University does not warrant or make any representations as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, maps, graphics, links and other items contained on this Site.
Simon Fraser University makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the fitness of the information for any purpose or to results obtained by individuals using the information, and is not responsible for any action taken in reliance on the information obtained by you or used by you from the Site.
Copyright and License
The Youthful Cities Pivot Hub is open data, licensed under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL), with the copyright holder being Simon Fraser University.
You are free:
- To share: To copy, distribute and use the database and its contents.
- To create: To produce works from the database and its contents.
- To adapt: To modify, transform and build upon the database and its contents.
As long as you:
- Attribute: You must attribute any public use of the database and its content, or works produced from the database and its content, in the manner specified in the ODbL. For any use or redistribution of the database, or works produced from it, you must make clear to others the license of the database and keep intact any notices on the original database.
- Share-Alike: If you publicly use any adapted version of this database, or works produced from an adapted database, you must also offer that adapted database under the ODbL.
- Keep open: If you redistribute the database, or an adapted version of it, then you may use technological measures that restrict the work (such as DRM) as long as you also redistribute a version without such measures.
You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt our data, as long as you credit the Youthful Cities Pivot Hub. If you alter or build upon our data, you may distribute the result only under the same licence. The full legal code explains your rights and responsibilities.
How to credit the Youthful Cities Pivot Hub:
We require that you use the credit “© Youthful Cities Pivot Hub, Simon Fraser University”.
You must also make it clear that the data is available under the Open Database License. You may do this by linking to this copyright page. Alternatively, and as a requirement if you are distributing Youthful Cities Pivot Hub data in a data form, you can name and link directly to the license(s). In media where links are not possible (e.g. printed works), we suggest you direct your readers to pivothub.youthfulcities.com.
Restrictions on use
- Engage in any conduct that could damage, disable, or overburden (i) this Site, (ii) any Materials or services provided through this Site, or (iii) any systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site, including without limitation, using devices or software that provide repeated automated access to this Site, other than those made generally available (e.g. data access APIs);
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site or attempt to gain unauthorized access to Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts connected or associated with this Site through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means of circumventing any access-limiting, user authentication or security device of any Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site;
- Include the term “Simon Fraser University” or "Youthful Cities" or any Simon Fraser University or Simon Fraser University trademark, or any variation of the foregoing, as a meta-tag, hidden textual element, or any other indicator that creates an impression of affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement by Simon Fraser University or Youthful Cities.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, Simon Fraser University AND ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND ANY THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND VENDORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING SECURITY, CURRENCY, CORRECTNESS, QUALITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, PERFORMANCE, TIMELINESS, OR CONTINUED AVAILABILITY, WITH RESPECT TO (I) THE SITE; (II) ANY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE; (III) USE OF THE SITE, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES; AND (IV) THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BY LAW, Simon Fraser University HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY TO MAINTAIN THE MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SITE OR TO SUPPLY CORRECTIONS, UPDATES, OR RELEASES FOR THE SAME.
Liability and indemnity
ANY MATERIALS DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE ARE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER EQUIPMENT, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL Simon Fraser University BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, INCOME, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THEFT, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, SYSTEMS FAILURE, OR COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, OR THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, CAUSED BY THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, MATERIALS OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON THIS SITE, OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THIS SITE, EVEN IF Simon Fraser University HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Applicable law and venue